Create a Healthy Home: Childproof Your Home
Injuries in the home are the number one killer of children in the U.S. Most of these home injuries could have been prevented. An example is single-use laundry detergent, also known as Laundry pods. They are convenient to use, but can be very dangerous to children.
What can you do to make your home safer? Assess your habits and behaviors.
- Where do you store your laundry products?
- Can a child reach them?
- Where do you keep your household cleaning products?
- Do you have child safety locks on drawers and cabinets where you store cleaning products?
- Do you have any cleaning products in unmarked containers?
TAKE ACTION – Childproof Your Home!
- Move the laundry detergent to a location out of reach of children and pets
- Walk through your house using the UGA Extension Childproofing Your Home Checklist as a guide to help you make your home healthier for your children.
- Take the American Cleaning Institute pledge to Be the KEY to a safe laundry room and routine.
For additional information on making your home healthier visit:
Please tell us in the comments or by email what one thing you did to make your home safer for your family.